About the Little Athletics
Agility, Balance, Co-ordination
- The Little Athletics programme introduces children (7-10 years) to athletics in a fun, engaging and non-competitive environment.
- It focuses on the use of games to develop fitness whilst enhancing agility, co-ordination and balance – all fundamental to longer term physical athletic development.
- The Little Athletics programme is delivered in athletic clubs nationwide by Athletics Leaders – adults trained through the Athletic Leader coaching qualification courses .
- Athletics Ireland (RDO’s) Regional Development officers are working to encourage all juvenile athletics club to embrace the Little Athletics programme.
- Throughout the year there are four regional Jamborees with clubs coming together for fun challenges. Agility Challenges are held throughout the year between local clubs