Athletics Ireland Fit4life
What is Fit4Life?
Fit4life is a programme for all runners whether you are a complete beginner or a regular jogging/runner. The programme will help you to achieve improved levels of fitness and wellness within the club structure in a fun, sociable environment.
Find a Club Near You
Clonmel Athletic Club currently have one training session per week at the TÚS Sports Hub on Monday evenings from 7-8pm with your qualified Fit4Life coach.
To find a club near you and start today please click Find a Fit4life Club
Why Join a Fit4life Club?
For All Abilities
- Participants are grouped by ability for training sessions allowing runners/walkers to train at an appropriate level.
- There is progression from Walking to Jogging to Running.
- No previous experience is needed.
- Let’s face it’s not easy to lead a healthy life and exercise. Knowing that there are others meeting to train will makes that bit harder to find an excuse not to go and it will motivate you to pull on your gear and get going.
- Having someone running right beside you will keep you moving and can push you a little harder than you might do on your own.
- Research also shows that people who train in a group are more likely stick with it.
- When you train in a group it can definitely be a more fun experience.
- It offers the opportunity to make new acquaintances or to catch-up with friends.
- The fitter you get the more talking you can do while you train!
- When you stick with a well-planned program, you will get the results and start to feel fitter and healthier.
- It can also ensure that you get fit enough to take on your first 5km challenge or to push onto a 10km or to make the leap to a 10 mile and beyond!
- A qualified Fit4Life leader, who has been trained by Athletics Ireland’s Coaching Team, sets out the training schedules suitable for your needs.
- By working with a knowledgeable coach your sessions will change/evolve as you progress, preventing hitting a plateau and boredom.
- You will also receive on-going support and guidance.
- The Programme operates within the existing athletics club network in the villages, towns and cities nationwide so you get to run with people in your own community.
Group running can be so motivating, allowing for fun while you train.