The Club would like to thank everyone who participated in the Club’s 50th Anniversary Celebration run.
Welcome to the Achievers Club the following athletes, Alan Kennedy, Helen Linnane, Eileen Hackett, Bobby Fletcher, Joe Holden, Karen Cliffe, Carmel Delaney, John Griffin, Donna Nagle, Jennifer Power, Sancha Quigley and Garry Morrissey.
Over the next week or so we will be organising the distribution of your well earned and specially designed 50th Anniversary hat.
Looking back over the past 8 weeks it is great to see the effort everyone put in and now the aim for everyone is to keep it going. You have done the hard part, getting started, at this stage training is now part and parcel of your life, a good habit.
Here is another Challenge and again it can be done at your own pace. The Club is promoting the Boston Scientific virtual Half Marathon from the 9th to the 31st of August.
This year along with the individual entry we have added in a two-person team event to help us all to get back to a good level of fitness.
The two-person team event:
- This can be achieved for instance by either walking, jogging or running 6.55 miles together.
- Can be achieved once the combined total distance is 13.1 miles.
- Each person submits their distance and time and we will combine both totals.
- This allows that team members can be from any part of the World, so contact your distant relative now for a Challenge!!.
- Each team member will each receive a specially designed long sleeve T Shirt.
This is the link to register for this event –
Also, for every entry received we will be giving 4 Euros to this very worthy Charity – BUMBLEance
Again, on behalf of Clonmel Athletic Club, thanks for your support